With all items, but particularly makeup, some research is required to determine whether animal testing was involved in the research and development stages of the product.
- Bar soap is usually made with animal fat (Tallow, Sodium Tallowate, Glycerin)
- ‘Cruelty free’ does not mean it is free from animal products
- Condoms (often contain Casein) Vegan Society’s list of vegan condoms
- Shampoo (may contain animal lecithin)
- Toothpaste (may contain glycerine which is usually not vegan unless stated)
- Razors (glycerine or lanolin may be found in the lubrication strips)